Slip and Trip Accidents

Statistically, if you have had an accident at work, it is 50 per cent likely it will have been a slip or a trip.

Slips and trips at work are just one of the slip or trip accident claims that Roskell Davies can help you with. If you instruct a member of Roskell Davies team to give you the legal support you need to claim for personal injury compensation from your employer, you will be instructing a specialist work injury lawyer offering a personal service.

We can also give you legal advice if you have had a slip or trip in a location other than the workplace. For example, other public places such as restaurants, hotels and bars are responsible for your safety as their customers. You may be able to claim for compensation from the establishment at which you had your fall. If it is ruled that they were not engaging in the appropriate health and safety procedures to protect their customers from harm you are likely to have the basis for a valid and successful claim.

The government’s Health and Safety Executive reports that trip and fall accidents are the most common accidents to occur in the workplace – however, the figures have reduced over the last ten years. In the year 2011/2012 almost 600,000 employees had an accident of some kind at work. Of these, more than half were slip or trip accidents. However, slip and trip accidents do not occur solely in the workplace. They also occur in licensed premises, shops, on pavements and roads, and are one of the most common accidents that elderly people experience.

If you have had a trip or fall accident in a licensed premises, such as a restaurant, you may be able to make a claim against the establishment. If an elderly relative has had a slip or trip you may be able to claim on behalf of your loved one if they cannot claim themselves. If you have had a slip or trip on a pavement which is badly maintained, you may be able to make a claim against the council who are responsible for the walkway.

Making a Slip or Trip Claim

Claiming with Roskell Davies is extremely simple and we will support you from beginning to end of your claim. To start the process all you need to do it take advantage of our free initial enquiry service. Call us on 0800 142 2901 or fill in an Online Enquiry. We will then give you all the legal advice you need and let you know what the slip and trip accident claims process entails.