Court of Protection Solicitors And Deputy Applications
If an individual does not have capacity to deal with their own matters and therefore cannot make a Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA) (and have not previously made an Enduring Power Of Attorney (EPA) or a LPA) then application is made to the Court for the appointment of Deputy.
If an EPA has not been previously made and the client is not able to sign an LPA then application is required to the Court of Protection for a Deputy to be appointed to deal with the capital/income.
Whilst an individual can be appointed by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to receive benefits that would not access any personal pensions or capital or property and in the absence of someone being appointed as Attorney through an EPA/LPA then an application is required to the Court.
Specialist Court of Protection Solicitors – How We Can Help You With Court Of Protection Applications
We can guide the proposed Deputy through all the steps required in order for the Deputy to be appointed. We can also provide a professional Deputy. One of our partners, Ian Roskell has been appointed as Professional Deputy in many matters over the past number of years and is vastly experienced to assist you through the process and to make it as straight forward as possible for you. As an expert Court of Protection Solicitor he is perfectly placed to assist you with your query.
Our service includes:-
- Obtaining medical evidence to support the application;
- Completion of the application forms and Deputy Declaration forms;
- Obtain Interim Directions for more urgent matters;
- Obtain Order of appointment which may include the selling or the letting of a property;
- Dealing with the obtaining of the relevant Indemnity Bonds as required by the Court of Protection; and
- Providing advice and assistance with regard to complying with the mandatory guidance under the Mental Capacity Act in order that the Deputy can act in the best interests of the client (Guide is some 300 pages long).
Once we have processed the application for you we can assist, or deal with lodging the Order with the:
- Financial Institutions
- Income Providers
- Deal with liabilities
Our costs are completely transparent. We offer a free initial telephone conversation to explain how we can help you and any costs involved. You can then decide if you would like us to help you; it is completely up to you.
Contact Us Today
Please call us free now on 0800 142 2901 or complete our Online Enquiry.